Naturopathy is a multi-disciplinary ‘Natural’ approach to healthcare. A fully qualified Naturopath may be considered a ‘GP of Complementary Medicine’. Naturopathic treatment is based around the concept of using what nature provides to help the body heal itself. Instead of simply suppressing symptoms, the root cause of the problem is addressed and the individual treated as a whole with consideration being given to physical, emotional and mental symptoms, achieving safe lasting results. Nutritional advice, herbal medicine, homeopathy and supplements may be used by a naturopath to help individuals achieve health and wellbeing.
Here are the principles of naturopathy :
– The healing power of nature : nature has the innate ability to heal
– Identify and treat the cause : there is always an underlying cause, be it physical or emotional
– Do no harm : a Naturopath will never use treatments that may create other conditions
– Treat the whole person : when preparing a treatment plan, all aspects of a person’s being are taken into consideration
– The physician as teacher : a Naturopath empowers the patient to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care
– Prevention is better than cure : a Naturopath may remove toxic substances and situations from a patient’s lifestyle to prevent the onset disease in later life.
Sessions we offer:
- Initial consultation (60 mins) – £130
- Follow up (60 mins) – £90
- Intolerance testing (30 mins) – £70
- Health check-up (30 mins) – £70
- Hopi ear candling (30 mins) – £40