SALMON WITH CRUSHED NEW POTATOES, ROCKET AND LIME PESTO (SERVES 4)
- 800g new potatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 pepper red or yellow, finely chopped
- some chervil (1 small bunch)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 salmon thick steak
For the pesto:
- 50g rocket
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 juice of a lime
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
How to make it:
- Make the pesto and set aside in the fridge
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and whizz until sick puree
- Place the potatoes in water and bring them to boil and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain and crush gently, combine with the onion, tomatoes, pepper, chervil and olive oil.
- Divide into four plates.
- Preheat a pan add the salmon, skin side down.
- Season and cook over a medium heat for 3 to 4minutes on each side.
- Place the filet on the top of the potatoes and drizzle the pesto and serve.