Autumn is here. Kids are back to school, adults are back to work. The days are getting shorter and our bodies need to adapt with the new rhythm. This doesn’t mean that this season is not funny. On the contrary, this is often the good timing to try new things, new sports, new activities and enjoy good moments with friends. This is also a very interesting time to learn and challenge our brain. In the meantime, we need to get cautious with our immunity, stay warm and take vitamins to face the changing weather.
Essential oils are precious to help us stay alert, focus or uplifting our mood. May chang and citrus smell essential oils are interesting to help us stay positive and uplifting our mind. To keep calm and appreciate a meditation, Frankincense is an excellent choice of oil. In synergy, Frankincense and May chang will offer you a well balance sense of smell and a powerful blend for seasonal depression.
Added to a well-balanced nutrition, with fruits and vegetables, some vitamins (Vitamin C and Vitamin D), and probiotics, essential oils should help you go through this changing weather peacefully.
If you feel you are starting to get sick, or if you need to help your immune system, you can use this recipe below, especially if you are travelling and if you need to stay away from virus around. This is a wonderful choice for prevention and keeping you safe.
Powerful Blend when travelling (inspired from Cecile Ellert’s):
This master blend is a must to deal with all kinds of unpredictable accidents and discomfort during your trip (indigestions, viral infection, sickness…).
– Cinnamon (cinamomum cassia) 2 drops (Cinnamon essential oil is dermocaustic and always has to be diluted before its application on the skin. )
– Peppermint (mentha piperita) 3 drops
– Spike Lavender (Lavandula latifolia) 5 drops
– Carrier oil:
- For an adult: 8 to 10 drops of the mixed oils in 10 ml of base oil (almond, jojoba…)
- For a child (more than 3): 4 to 5 drops of the mixed oils in 10 ml of base oil (almond, jojoba…)
- For a baby (more than 3 months): seek for an aromatherapist advice
Apply locally on the wrist or under the feet.
If you want to know more about aromatherapy, you are welcome to our next workshop at Make me Feel, Tuesday 17 of October 2017 • 6:30 pm – 8:00pm • £30