A simple green apple smoothie with kale and coconut milk. It is a healthy vegan way to start your day or snack.
To make this vegan use maple syrup or agave. Paleo and gluten-free green apple smoothie with coconut and ginger. If you are new to green smoothies, try adding a frozen banana for a creamier texture.
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 2 handfuls of kale leaves, washed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated ginger root, preferably using a rasp-style grater
- 1 tablespoon honey, pure maple syrup, dark or amber or agave, or to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Combine apple, kale, ginger, honey or sweetener, coconut milk and almond milk in a blender and puree until smooth.