Scallops and soft-boiled egg with creamy lemon dressing Salad
1/ For the creamy lemon dressing
4 Tablespoons of egg mayonnaise
4 Tablespoons of lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of sugar
2/Scallops, egg and herb crumbs
2 Free-range eggs
1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Breadcrumbs
1 lemon to be zested
1 1/2 tablespoon of basil finely chopped
2 Tablespoon of olive oil
100g of salad
- To make the dressing, whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and salt together.
- Place eggs in a small pot with water and bring to the boil. As soon as the water starts boiling, time for 2 min 15 seconds (for soft boiled eggs with runny yolks). Drain and run eggs under cold water. Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small frying pan. Mix breadcrumbs, lemon zest and herbs together and fry for a couple of minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to drain and mix with a good pinch of salt (use flaky sea salt if you have it).
- Heat butter in a frying pan on high heat and add scallops. Cook scallops for 45 seconds on each side, seasoning with salt and pepper while in the pan.
- Divide scallops between plates on top of your salad. Carefully cut eggs in half and arrange one half on each plate. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle over the crispy crumb.
- Dress plates with creamy lemon dressing just before serving.