ALMOND AND LEMON CRUSTED FISH WITH SPINACH
INGREDIENTS (4 SERVINGS)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ½ cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1¼ pounds cod (see Tip) or halibut, cut into 4 portions
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 pound baby spinach
- Lemon wedges for garnish
Ready In 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon zest, almonds, dill, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 teaspoon mustard. Divide the almond mixture among the portions, pressing it onto the mustard.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the centre, about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, lemon juice and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt; season with pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Cover to keep warm. Serve the fish with the spinach and lemon wedges, if desired. Yum !